Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A million little things



Every day we've been getting little jobs done prior to closing the hull and filleting the deck down. All the fillet areas are in the process of having the edges cleaned so the epoxy has a place to bond. In the interest of speed, I've used my angle grinder to remove paint, orders of magnitude faster than sanding or scraping. Once the grinder has done it's job, a quick coating of epoxy to reseal the edge is applied.

Added a under-deck support under the mast step. Fitted and formed the mast partner thwart. Tweaking the deck fit & location so the daggerboard slot lines up where I want it.

I fitted the Styrofoam panels better by shaving some off the edges - just to make the cockpit sides fit without a lot of compression. Everything fits better and without strain now.

Thomas interrupted his build progress to make a locking cabinet for his Macbook and accessories. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but Thomas is obsessed with locks, keys and security. We cut some particle board, glued and air nailed it together and Thomas painted, Now he's got a custom made lockup for his laptop.

I've been doing a lot of mental think-throughs on closing up the hull and I think we are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment