Friday, April 30, 2010

Progress

Thomas had a day off school for teacher professional development (I think this is a day where they go to drink). He's currently off viewing "Furry Vengeance" with his Aunt Beth and Mom, so I'm doing photo duties today.

We have primed the cockpit insides with white (finish color will be white), and have started to varnish the rails as the epoxy is done. Only two coats on so far so we haven't done any sanding of the varnish yet to smooth it out, but soon.

Notice I showed more patience than usual and covered over the deck so it would not get covered in drips.  You can see the epoxy  fillet joint between the deck and the cockpit sides quite well here - the primer paint overlaps on to the deck about a half inch.  We could have sanded and filled a lot more, but Thomas is losing patience with the whole finishing process - he just wants the boat on the water and was trying pretty hard to convince me the primer was "good enough", and we did not have to repaint it with the finish coat.

Thomas and his Mom have been web surfing to find out about accommodations in Mystic Connecticut for the Woodenboat show. We hope to make it a family trip for the weekend, as Thomas finishes school the Monday prior to the show. We'll take Thomas' boat down and put it in the "I built it myself" part of the show. I expect Thomas and I will be helping people build boats with Eric, and Christine will do some shopping. I think Laura (Eric's significant other and professional photographer) will be going as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment